Sunday, August 29, 2010

Movie talk

Hello y'all

It's going to be a little hard for me to post during the week because the workweek is like being on a train - without realizing it, everything just flies by. The weekends though are a whole different story.

I had shabbat dinner last night at Mau's place. It was a little bit weird since Mau missed the actual dinner because he was passed out drunk after a day playing golf with some business men. They apparently got blackout on margaritas. So, whatever, no big deal. I figured I would just have a nice dinner and eat some yummy kosher food.

Well things turned ugly. All of a sudden they all started talking about the Mosque at Ground Zero. Then the conversation shifted to Israel and the Middle east. Then to Iran. Naturally, it was complete SNAFU. I stayed quiet the whole time and simply nodded at the right moments.

But the rest of the weekend was great. I watched two movies: Milk and Mesrine.

Milk was kind of boring, kind of interesting. Sean Penn is an incredible actor, but to be honest the story of a local gay rights political activist can only be so interesting. Just like a glass of water can only be so good.

Mesrine, on the other hand, was great. Here's the preview:



I also saw last Monday the Pat Tillman documentary and it was absolutely fascinating



Baba, you also need to look out for the movie Howl that should be out soon. I'm sure you'll find it super interesting since it's all about Allen Ginsburg and the Beat Generation.

Any hoo that aboot it. Keep the posts comin'

-a

No comments:

Post a Comment